Saturday, May 31, 2014

Huffed & Puffed


So I apologize about this entry being a day or so late.  With an unfortunate incident involving a blender and stitches, I had trouble getting online.  I'll try to share that story with you next week.  But Yay! I'm here and ready to show you another new recipe.

Potato Puffs:

That question that weighs on everyone’s mind while they’re cleaning out a fridge on the weekend, what to do with those leftover mashed potatoes?  I’m not a fan of reheated mashed potatoes; they always taste funny to me.  Typically I make dumplings out of them, and add the dumplings to stew or chicken soup. 

This time I was making turkey burgers and wanted something yummy to go with them.  So I found a recipe for potato puffs.

Potato Puffs

10 min of prep time
20-25 min cooking time
·       2 cups leftover mashed potatoes (Mine were leftover red potatoes mashed with the skins)
·       1 egg (beaten)
·       ½ cup of parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
·       ½ cup of flour
·       ½ Tablespoon of baking soda
·       ½ Tablespoon of baking powder
·       2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
·       1 Tablespoon of salt
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


Beat egg before starting with potatoes.  I typically only do this so I don’t forget later and add it without beating the egg.  





Add leftover mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese, and beaten egg to a large mixing bowl.  Mix well.  



In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.  The slowly add dry mixture to potatoes.  



Line baking pans with parchment paper.  Add dollops of mixture about 2 inches round.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of dollops. 



Bake for 20-25 minutes until middle puffs out.  It’ll deflate a bit afterwards, it’s OK, still tastes awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment