Friday, June 20, 2014

Pineapple Fluff


This post is dedicated to the Disney Fanatics.  To the people who book those ten day adventures, who count the days until their chance to run on those magical streets.  
So I’ve only been to Disney World once, when I was four.  I surprisingly have several memories of it.  Of watching this humongous caterpillar float by in a parade, spending time with my father in the afternoon at the pool, and of climbing the staircase of the place we were staying.  However I’m not sure I ever got to try Dole Whip while there.  Now I don’t really have any desire to return to Disney World, I do want to try the Dole Whip.  So I thought I’d make my own. 
A surprisingly easy concoction to make, it actually turned out super delicious.  Since I used fresh pineapple, I’m not calling it Dole Whip, but Pineapple Fluff.  Please let me know about your own Dole Whip experiences and what other kinds of frozen treats that you may like for Summer?

Pineapple Fluff

10 min of prep time
3 hours of freeze time

·       1 fresh Pineapple, skinned and cut up
·       1 teaspoon of Vanilla
·       1 pint of Heavy Cream
·       2 Tablespoons of Lime juice.
·       ¼ cup of sugar (optional)
 
Prepare your blender.
First cut up your pineapple.  Take your time and get it into bite size chunks.  Freeze it for about 20 min or so.  




Then add your pineapple, vanilla, heavy cream, lime juice and sugar to the blender.  I did not add the sugar.   Frankly I didn’t think it needed it.  The pineapple was sweet enough on it’s own and I could always add whipped cream after. Then pulse it over and over until well-mixed.



Take a 9x9 pan and pour mixture into it.  Wrap with plastic wrap and put in freezer for 2-3 hours.



Take out when it’s firm but not super frozen.  Serve with whipped cream or fresh fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment