Saturday, June 28, 2014

The CSA Experience: Part 2 Kale & White Bean Soup


The CSA Experience: Part 2
This is part 2 from yesterday’s post with today's concentrating on Kale. Considering the immense amount of Kale we’ve received from Lancaster Farm Fresh, I’ve been stockpiling it in the freezer for the past few weeks and am always willing to try a new recipe.
If you missed yesterday's post, click here The CSA Experience: Part 1 Fried Rice and Cabbage.
 

Kale and White Bean Soup

I love Kale, mostly I love it sautéed with a little oil and garlic.  However I can’t keep eating the same recipe over and over again, mostly because it drives me bonkers.  So I began experimenting  This great recipe utilizes a slow cooker.  In other words, it’s fewer steps for me to take but still delivers a delicious dinner that packs a ton of delicious vegetable goodness.  This turned out to be one of my favorite recipes that I've created for this blog. 

10 minutes of prep time
8 hours of cooking time

·       1 large Onion (diced)
·       4 Cups of chopped Kale
·       1 cup of chopped Spinach
·       1 14oz can of Northern beans
·       20 oz of Tomato Sauce (either use a can or make your own, I used leftovers)
·       5 cloves of Garlic chopped
·       ¼ cup of chopped Basil
·       4 cups of Chicken Broth
·       2 cups of Water
·       1 cup of uncooked Ditalini Pasta (you can use any small pasta, ex macaroni)
·       Lots of Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle with afterwards

Combine all ingredients except for pasta and cheese into a slow cooker and allow cooking on low heat for 8 hours or so.




About 30 minutes before serving, stir in pasta.  It’ll take about 30 minutes or so for the pasta to cook.
Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.

Recipe Card, just Right click to download.




No comments:

Post a Comment