Friday, September 5, 2014

Rosemary Peach Chicken


I know, I know, two chicken recipes right in a row, but both are super yummy! 
I love peaches, but we’ve received a lot of peaches from our weekly CSA deliveries.  After 5 bags of peaches in less than a month, I’ve now started vigorously searching for recipes to use up our peaches.  I came across this one, which sounded great but the initial recipe called for apricots and roasting in the oven.  Since I was making this on a day when I didn’t have a great deal of time and I needed to use up all of these peaches, I made a few substitutions. I utilized a slow cooker instead of roasting the items in the oven and added carrots as another vegetable to the bottom of the slow cooker.  Because you always to want to add as many veggies to a dish as possible.  The dish turned out great with a side of sauteed zucchini. 

Rosemary Peach Chicken in Slow Cooker

 

4 servings
20 minutes to prep
7 hours to cook on low heat
or
4 hours to cook on high heat

·       2 cups of carrots chopped
·       1 Red Onion sliced
·       4-5 Chicken thighs
·       2 Tsps of Olive Oil
·       3 Peaches, skinned and chopped
·       3-4 sprigs of Rosemary, chopped
·       3 Tsps of White Balsamic
·       2 Tsps of regular Balsamic
·       1 teaspoon of Salt
 
Layer the carrots and onions as the two bottom layers in the slow cooker.



Brown the chicken thighs in Olive Oil on the stovetop.



Layer the chicken thighs on top of the veggies, then layer diced peaches and sprinkle rosemary on top. Drizzle both Balsamic Vinegars on top.



Cook on low for 7 hours or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment