Friday, July 3, 2015

Easy Brownie Mix

Yay it's a very special holiday weekend! As in you can stuff your face while watching fireworks.  Yay for multitasking.  But seriously, you may be invited to about 5 different barbecues and have no clue what to bring.  Here's an easy solution for that.

I am a huge chocolate fanatic.  One of my favorite chocolatey dishes to eat is a really good traditional brownie.  Brownies are super easy to make and are also pretty full proof to bake.  However as easy as it was to stick a brownie mix from the store into a bowl, it's also a bit expensive.  The good ones retail at $3-4 a box unless you get them on sale.  I began looking into how I could make my own and it turns out it's super simple.  I had all of the ingredients on hand and it tasted better than the box kind.  I did add brown sugar instead of all granulated sugar, I felt it gave more flavor to the brownie.  But you can use all granulated sugar if you prefer.

 

Brownies

5 minutes of Prep
20-25 minutes of Bake time
12 Servings

·       1/2 Cup Flour
·       1/3 Cocoa
·       1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
·       1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
·       1 tsp. Baking Powder
·       1/4 tsp. Salt
·       Non-Stick Pan Spray
·      1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
·      2 Eggs
·       1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
·       1 Cup Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a pie pan or a 9 by 9 pan with non-stick pan spray.




A good tip with these is to use a really good Cocoa.  My favorite is Hershey's but you might have your own fav.



Typically I mix my sugars with my wet ingredients like butter but in this instance I mix the dry ingredients first and then add the oil, vanilla, and eggs.




Once everything is well mixed, you can add the chocolate chips if you like. Then add to your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Don't over bake this.





Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.





No comments:

Post a Comment