Friday, August 28, 2015

Banana Bread

My husband is a huge fan of eating bananas for breakfast or eating them for a snack in the afternoon. However sometimes he doesn't eat them all and I end up with 2-3 extremely brown yucky bananas that no one wants to eat.  So I needed a way to use them up. Thus Banana Bread...

The next time I'll probably add cinnamon to this too.  I feel like it needed a little something extra.  I was very excited to learn that I could grill it for breakfast the next morning.  A little butter, a hot pan, and delicious grilled banana bread that may beat every pancake or french toast dish I've ever had. Except Mexican French Toast.... but that's a different story.




Banana Bread

10 minutes of Prep
45-50 minutes of Bake time
12 Servings

·       2-3 Bananas
·       1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
·       1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
·       1/3 Cup Melted Butter
·       Pinch of Salt
·      1 tsp. Baking Soda
·       Non-Stick Pan Spray
·      1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
·      1 Egg
·      1 1/2 Cups Flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a 9 by 5 pan and spray with the Non-Stick spray.
Mash bananas until they are creamy and smooth.  Add melted butter and continue to mash it together until super smooth.



Whisk in sugars, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and egg.


Begin to add flour, a half cup at a time. Whisk until each half cup is completely absorbed.


Pour into the readied pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in and comes up clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment