Friday, August 14, 2015

Pork Sliders

After a fabulous vacation at the beach, where my husband and I survived with our 5 month old, I am now trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer.  While I love fall, I'm not quite ready to let go of swimming, fireflies, and barbecuing. However the fall is coming and with that is a season I dread every year.  Football..... Whether it's the NFL that blares from our television 3 days a week, or the high school football games I shoot at work, it follows me.  I do however enjoy the food that goes along with it.  Such as wings, sliders, and other munchies. I thought I'd share this recipe that's easy to fix up when you're staring at a fridge full of leftovers from the week and don't feel like going all out.

Every week, I make lunches and dinners for my husband and myself.  I typically make a roast chicken or a pork loin.  Bake or roast them and serve them with veggies.  However every now and then I end up with extra meat that we can't seem to use up.  This is a great recipe to use up extra meat or just make an easy party food. 


Pork Sliders

30 minutes Cook time
10 minutes Bake time
·      1/2 lbs. Pork meat cooked and shredded
·      2 Vidalia Onions sliced
·      4-5 slices American Cheese
·      3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
·      6 Slider buns



Begin to caramelize your onions in a skillet with 3 Tbsp. of Olive Oil. As they are cooking assemble your other ingredients, meat, cheese, and buns.







Plan buns on cookie sheet and begin to layer sandwiches, adding meat first, then a layer of the caramelized onions.




Add the cheese on top, 4-5 slices just about covers it.



Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  (No need to preheat oven.)


No comments:

Post a Comment